Xero Shoes Ipari Hana
Get the fun and freedom of our best-selling sandals with an elegant closed-toe style and casual canvas comfort
For years, people have told us, “We LOVE our sandals, but what do we do when it’s cold out, or when I need something with closed-toes for work, or if I need a bit more protection?”
The new Ipari Hana is the answer.
The Hana is, first and foremost, a casual shoe. But since it’s built on our high-performance FeelTrue® sandal base, it’ll handle much more.
We don’t recommend using the Hana as a running shoe, but we know some of you will wear the Hana for more than just chillin’ at a coffee shop.
Check out these reviews from Hana wearers
Why you’ll love the Ipari Hana
- Natural FIT — a wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax. Plus the “XERO-drop” sole (non-elevated heel and low-to-the ground) allows for proper posture, balance and agility.
- Natural FUNCTION — the Hana is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way, well, that feet are supposed to. Plus, they’re so light weight, you’ll barely know you have them on. A men’s 9 is only 8 ounces each.
- Natural FEEL — the Hana uses the same 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole from our Z-Trek sandal, so you get great protection while still getting the ground feedback that your feet like. With an optional 2mm insole, the Hana truly lets you Feel The World®.
- Vegan friendly materials — the Hana’s upper is canvas, the lining and external accents are microfiber. It washes easily with soap and water.
- Huarache inspired design — the heel/instep strap is not only eye-catching but functional.
- Flexible heel — feel free to step on the heel and wear the Hana as a “slide”
Why is it called “Ipari Hana”?
“Ipari” is the category name we’re using for all of our closed-toe shoes (yes, that means more are coming!). It was inspired by “rarajipari,” the running, ball-kicking game the Tarahumara play… even though it’s an endurance game, the emphasis is on FUN. Then, “Hana” was inspired by the name of the town in Maui, Hawaii that exemplifies the feeling of casual adventure. Plus, “hana” means “craft” in Hawaiian.
Put it together and you get a well-crafted, elegant casual shoe that’s perfect for your next adventure.
Is the Hana for MEN or for WOMEN?Technically, it’s a “men’s” shoe. That means it’s a bit wider and has a slightly different shape than a women’s shoe of the same size. We have a women’s version, the Lena, coming out in the Spring of 2017.
BUT… we have lots of women wearing the Hana.
If you’re a woman who wants the Hana, check the sizing templates, below to see if it’ll be right for your foot.
Get the right size for your Ipari Hana
Sizing for a shoe is different than a sandal. And you probably have shoes of different sizes that fit you correctly.
So, to reduce the chance of getting an incorrect size, we HIGHLY recommend you follow these instructions (BTW, even if you follow them, sizing is not a 100% perfect process, which is why we have a free exchange policy):
NOTE: Please follow these instructions to avoid ordering problems.
2 SIMPLE STEPS TO THE CORRECT FIT
1. Measure your foot
- Place a piece of paper against a wall (if you have VERY large feet, use a piece of newspaper.
- Place your foot on the paper, with your heel against the wall.
- Make a mark on the paper at the furthest point away from the wall… this will either be just in front of your big toe or second toe
- Take a ruler and measure from the edge of the paper to the mark you made.
Here’s a video showing the process
2. Check your measurement against the charts, below
This will give you a good idea of your size… but PLEASE follow the next step whenever possible.
NOTE: The width of the Hana is approximately EE width, some people have experienced stretching in the canvas upper to slightly wider.
|Hana Sizing Guide|
|Up to 9 9/16″||Up to 244mm||6.5|
|Up to 9 3/4″||Up to 248mm||7|
|Up to 9 7/8″||Up to 252mm||7.5|
|Up to 10 1/16″||Up to 256mm||8|
|Up to 10 3/16″||Up to 260mm||8.5|
|Up to 10 3/8″||Up to 264mm||9|
|Up to 10 1/2″||Up to 268mm||9.5|
|Up to 10 11/16″||Up to 272mm||10|
|Up to 10 13/16″||Up to 276mm||10.5|
|Up to 11″||Up to 280mm||11|
|Up to 11 1/8″||Up to 284mm||11.5|
|Up to 11 5/16″||Up to 288mm||12|
|Up to 11 5/8″||Up to 296mm||13|