Targeted Compression Technology
Graduated(targeted) compression garments deliver the greatest amount of compression to the part of the garment farthest away from the heart, and the least amount of compression in the part closest to the heart. With graduated(targeted) compression, the veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
- Enhanced blood circulation as a result of improved venous return. This means that deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster to improve blood flow of oxygen-rich blood back to the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate through improved circulation.
- Enhanced warm-up via increased skin temperature.
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, resulting in a faster and easier recovery.
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation.
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency.
- Improved leg power and vertical jump power through enhanced proprioception.